This policy was last updated on Aug 20th, 2020
Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Agile Sensei Consulting via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Agile Sensei Consulting: a business partnership created in Ireland with registered number 407830.
EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User you or any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Agile Sensei Consulting and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Agile Sensei Consulting and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, which spans across the following domain and its subdomains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions: agilesensei.com.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Email address and other preferences (e.g. topics you have indicated you are interested in hearing about from us)
- Physical Address (only if provided by you, e.g. to deliver a physical product that you ordered)
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, Agile Sensei Consulting is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit only as long as in needed to provide you with the services you require (e.g. we will retain your email address, details and preferences as long as you choose to remain an email subscriber).
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement and delivery of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. Agile Sensei Consulting may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website (for example, we currently use Contactually, Mailchimp and ConvertFox to manage our email marketing). The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
16. Payments for our products are processed securely through Stripe via an external shopping cart (Thrivecart).
17. Because Stripe handles all electronic transactions made, we never have access to your credit card or other financial information used for transactions.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Agile Sensei Consulting (where such Data is held).
21. To request a copy of your data simply email us on email@example.com to make the request.
22. Data security is of great importance to Agile Sensei Consulting and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
23. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
24. We strive to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
28. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
32. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
33. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to Irish law. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
35. These terms and conditions have been originally created (and then adapted and updated) using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
Agile Sensei Consulting
4 Castleview Way
K67 TR62 Swords, Co. Dublin
Rep. of Ireland
VAT: IE 9740864S